Microsoft Remote Desktop Changelog
From your Windows PC, access the Microsoft Remote Desktop assistant to configure it for remote access from another device using the Remote Desktop apps for Windows, macOS, iOS or Android. Email myself a link to the Microsoft Remote Desktop Assistant. Start the registry editor. (Type regedit in the Search box.) Click Edit Modify, and then click Decimal. Type the new port number, and then click OK. Close the registry editor, and restart your computer. The next time you connect to this computer by using the Remote Desktop connection, you must type the new port. Jul 27, 2021 Renamed the 'Update' action for Workspaces to 'Refresh' for consistency with other Remote Desktop clients. You can now refresh a Workspace directly from its context menu. Manually refreshing a Workspace now ensures all local content is updated. You can now reset the client's user data from the About page without needing to uninstall the app.
Microsoft this week updated its Remote Desktop client for macOS, which allows users to access their computer through another device remotely. The latest update brought native support for the M1 chip, as well as some new features.
With native support for the Apple Silicon platform and the M1 chip, the app runs with better performance and more energy efficiency, which means that it should consume less battery power when running on a MacBook.
Microsoft Remote Desktop Changelog Login
In addition, version 10.6 of Microsoft Remote Desktop for macOS also adds support for client-side IME when using Unicode keyboard mode, integrated Kerberos support in the CredSSP, and improved compatibility with macOS Big Sur. You can check out all the changes in the release notes below:
In this release we’ve made some significant updates to the shared underlying code that powers the Remote Desktop experience across all our clients. We’ve also added some new features and addressed bugs and crashes that were showing up in error reporting.
• Added native support for Apple Silicon.
• Added client-side IME support when using Unicode keyboard mode.
• Integrated Kerberos support in the CredSSP security protocol sequence.
• Addressed macOS 11 compatibility issues.
• Made updates to improve interoperability with current and upcoming features in the Windows Virtual Desktop service.
• Made fixes to address mispaints when decoding AVC data generated by a server-side hardware encoder.
• Addressed an issue where windows from remoted Office apps were not visible despite being present in the app switcher.
Users can download Microsoft Remote Desktop for free on the Mac App Store. There’s also an iOS version available that works with iPhone and iPad.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links.More.
Microsoft Remote Desktop app has received an update on Android. Taking the app to version 10.0.7.1066, the update makes some noteworthy changes to how we use the app. The update includes a new connection center experience, a new UI for connection progress, support for Android TV devices, integration with the Microsoft Authenticator app, and more. You can read the full official changelog below.
• Rewrote the client to use the same underlying RDP core engine as the iOS and macOS clients.
• Enabled the transfer of connections and settings from Remote Desktop 8.
• New Connection Center experience.
• New Connection Progress UI.
• New in-session Connection Bar.
• Added support for Android TV devices.
• Implemented full support for Windows Virtual Desktop.
• Integration with the Microsoft Authenticator app to enable conditional access when subscribing to WVD feeds.
You can download and install the Microsoft Remote Desktop app from the below link, or you can go to the Google Play Store and search for the app.