- A Soft-eLicenser (SeL) is a virtual copy protection container that holds the licenses needed to run your Soft-eLicenser based products. By registering a Soft-eLicenser number, all product licenses contained in it are automatically added to your user account.
- Th eLicenser Control Center will now list the Soft-eLicenser (hard disk symbol) with all licenses and the connected USB-eLicenser. Click on the license you want to sell to grab it and drag it to the entry of the USB-eLicenser while holding down the mouse button.
- If you own a USB-eLicenser, licenses for Soft-eLicenser products can also be activated on or transferred to a USB-eLicenser. Using this option allows you to work with the Soft-eLicenser based product on a system without an Internet connection. Simply install the eLCC separately on the Internet computer without installing the complete product.
My Soft-eLicenser (meaing my PC and not a USB dongle) is now deactivated and no matter what I do it won't allow me to activate my Cubase AI 9.5 or Wavelab LE.
Activation help for Soft-eLicenser based products
Lucid dream music. Before you can launch your new Steinberg software, you have to use the Activation Code(s) to activate your Soft-eLicenser online. Proceed as follows
Soft Elicenser Is Missing
- Install your product.
- Make sure that your computer has a working Internet connection. This connection is necessary to activate the license because the eLicenser Control Center (eLCC) needs to register with our license server.
- Make sure that you have the latest version of the eLCC installed. Click here to download.
- Keep your Activation Code(s) ready.
- Once your software is installed correctly, launch the eLicenser Control Center software found under Start menu / Programs / eLicenser on Windows or in the Applications folder of Mac OS X. Click the 'Enter Activation Code' button to download the license for your Steinberg product to the Soft-eLicenser. To do this, enter the required activation code into the corresponding field. Follow the instructions on screen.
- After the activation procedure the new license is displayed in the eLicensers list and your product is ready for use. To activate other licenses, simply repeat the steps listed above.
Soft Elicenser Deactivated
If you own a USB-eLicenser, licenses for Soft-eLicenser products can also be activated on or transferred to a USB-eLicenser. Using this option allows you to work with the Soft-eLicenser based product on a system without an Internet connection.
Simply install the eLCC separately on the Internet computer without installing the complete product. To do this, download the latest installer for Mac OS X and Windows here.
Now, just connect the USB-eLicenser to the computer and start the eLCC. Enter the Activation Code and choose the USB-eLicenser as the target device.