Spring Boot Tomcat 8
- Actually, Spring boot by default comes up with the embedded server once we add 'spring-boot-starter-web' dependency. But, Spring boot gives us the flexibility to use tomcat or not. If we do not want we can exclude this default server. Default, Spring boot comes with 3 types of embed servers Tomcat, Jetty and undertow.
- When we run a Spring Boot Application, the embedded tomcat server is started and the application is launched inside the server. The Embedded tomcat server has a set of default configurations, which makes them ready to use. However, we can use the properties or yaml files to configure embedded tomcat server and change the default settings.
- Spring Boot Tomcat Configuration
- Spring Boot Tomcat 8.5
- Spring Boot 2 Tomcat 8
- Spring Boot Tomcat 8.5.51
Following example shows how to use JSF with Spring Boot.
Reviewers felt that Spring Boot meets the needs of their business better than Apache Tomcat. When comparing quality of ongoing product support, reviewers felt that Spring Boot is the preferred option. For feature updates and roadmaps, our reviewers preferred the direction of Spring Boot over Apache Tomcat. The picture below shows the app after deployed as war on Tomcat 8 server installed on Ubuntu 14.04. Files used in this tutorial look like this: We may want to skip some of the sections of this tutorial since it includes the guides for installing Tomcat 7 and 8 as well as Spring Tool Suite plugins for Eclipse. Tomcat, from the Apache Software Foundation: by far, the most popular option. It is also the default solution coming with Spring Boot. Webflux, from VMWare: this isn't really an application server, this is Spring Webflux running on top of Netty. This implies using reactive APIs, which are supposed to provide better performance and scalability.
Creating JSF Management Bean
In Spring Boot application, JSF management Bean can also be declared to be Spring bean.
SpringBeanFacesELResolver allows us to use JSF managed beans as Spring beans and also to inject other spring beans there.
Spring Boot Tomcat Configuration
The Main class
The Last Musketeer PDF Free download. Other than being main spring boot class, this class also registers JSF's
FacesServlet via ServletRegistrationBean.
Spring Boot Tomcat 8.5
Dependencies and Technologies Used:
Spring Boot 2 Tomcat 8
- Spring Boot 2.3.3.RELEASE
- spring-boot-starter-web : Starter for building web, including RESTful, applications using Spring MVC. Uses Tomcat as the default embedded container.
- jsf-api 2.2.20: This is the master POM file for Oracle's Implementation of the JSF 2.2 Specification.
- jsf-impl 2.2.20: This is the master POM file for Oracle's Implementation of the JSF 2.2 Specification.
- tomcat-embed-jasper 9.0.37: Core Tomcat implementation.
- JDK 1.8
- Maven 3.5.4